03 November 2015

Nerd Block Inaugural Sci-Fi Block

Nerd Block announced their new block, The Sci-Fi block.  Eiren insisted we give it a go to see what's it all about so here it is.

What's in the box???




Shirt Punch Exclusive Tee (1 of 2)

The Off the Ground Hoverboard design we received combines the radiation suit Marty wore and the iconic hoverboard from Back to the Future II.  Their was a distinct odor coming off the shirt that was appalling.  Everything in the box reeked.




Claudia Wells Autograph

Nerd Block has been notorious for including autographed memorabilia in their blocks much to fans delight.




Star Wars Mad Libs

Nerd Block is making of habit of including these in every other block.




Doctor Who Keychain (1 of 2)

Funko Pocket Pop! keychain of your favourite doctor,  I've seen several complains around the net about mystery boxes claiming to have a Funko Pop! and much to customer disappointment, it has only been a Funko keychain.  I constantly remind my mates that regardless of what we would naturally value something like a Funko keychain for, it is a Funko product that has it's own retail well above what we would price it at.  That being said, if the keychains aren't your favourite, they make great gifts or there are many outlets on the net to trade.



Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Can Cozy (1 of 4)

I can safely say that I have never used a cozy.  I seem to have quite a bit of them simply because of their design but for me they serve no practical purpose.



Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Funko Pop! Vinyl (Assorted)


I do enjoy the fact that Nerd Block is going for more assortment of items instead of every block containing the exact same loot.  I do like that these Funko have their own stylish stand for display.

We pulled Kylo Ren (Eiren hates it) and his lightsaber is torqued a bit but no bother to me.




Some parting words on Sci-Fi block.  I think I see what Nerd Block was attempting to achieve but I'm not sure I'm on board.  The items in this block very well could/have been in any of their other blocks. There wasn't anything in this block that set it apart from the others.  Eiren has decided to give the block another month before making the decision to cancel for good.