26 August 2015

Marvel Collector Corps Secret Wars

The much anticipated SECRET WARS Marvel Collector Corps box has arrived!  


Great box artwork

Collector Corps Pin and Patch:  As we all know, I'm not a fan of pins or patches but they seem to be growing on me when they are as cool as this.  


Will be getting a corkboard for display

Secret Wars Comic:  Truthfully, I've been out of the loop with Secret Wars and tried to catch up as much as I could waiting for this box.  It's pretty good but I don't foresee it being as popular as Ant-Man or Ironman.  Just my thoughts, cool nonetheless.


Jane Foster's Thor is super cute

Secret Wars Tee:  Very comic, kawaii style.  My housemate has claimed this one and admittedly, I wasn't too keen about it.  


kawaii Secret Wars tee

Secret Wars Funko Pops! Jane Foster's Thor and Miles Morales' Spiderman:  When I first opened the box, I screeched 'dat Spidey!'  Two Pops! in one box is a nice and unexpected addition.  I like them both.  My issue lies with Funko's quality control. 




 For being an exclusive, my Thor has a sloppy paint job on her visor of the helmet that has bled into her face, her breastplate is sloppily painted and chipped, and her helmet has bled into her face by her hair. 




My Spidey has a hasty paint job on his chest (the paint had air bubbles causing the paint to blister) and there is a splat of red paint on the back of his leg.  















I honestly do not mean to complain about the Pops! but this has been an ongoing issue with Funko.  I have seen many complaints all over the web as well as Funko claims that they are 'working on the issue'.  I get that not every single Pop! made will be perfect but sometimes there is just a lack of care that feels like a kick to the groin.  




Pre-order Yellow Jacket: Visor scuffed




Pre-order Deadpool: Scuffed eye (replaced 3x,, all eyes scuffed)





Final Verdict  

Another great Corps box despite the flaws of the Pops!