25 August 2015

Geek Fuel August 'Back to School'

After the day I've had today, it was like Zeus himself shot a glitter-coated rainbow lightning bolt to my post box when I saw the red box of happiness there.  Ahh ♥

Lewt Preview



As soon as I pulled the GeekFuel paper back and saw Vault Boy on the cover of the GF mini mag, the troubles of my day melted away.


The Brotherhood of Steel back cover is freaking awesome as well.



Aaru's Awakening Downloadable Game Code & Teleportation Charge:  Every month GeekFuel sends a Steam game code.  I haven't heard of this game but I looked it up on Steam and it has positive reviews.  Will have to download and see what it's all about.

Flammable Fun


The Teleportation Charge are those poppers you toss down and they POP!  Or if you are like me, you put them in the window seams or door frames to scare the piss out of your housemates.

Adventure Time Pocket Pop! Keychain (Finn or Jake): I got Finn.  I adore Adventure Time and it will make a cool collectible somewhere in my collection.

Pocket sized fun


TMNT Lollie: Mine arrived opened :( A little candy would have been just what the doctor ordered unfortunately it is going in the rubbish.  Too bad.


Sour Apple flavour is pretty rad too


Post Apocalyptic Currency Magnet: uh-oh my magnet is scuffed and torn.  I'm not sure if it was meant to be that way or not.  It shows minimal scuffs in the mini mag as well as the card it was (supposed) to be attached to.  I have made Fallout bottlecap jewelry before and have never scuffed them like this.  It was also glued hastily and just looks cheaply made.

That is not flash, that is what my magnet looks like


Back of the magnet

The placard which I mistook for a bookmark is nice and I will display with the rest of my Fallout swag.

Vault Boy: A True Collector


The World According to Wolverine or Spiderman (one per box): I got Wolverine and the book is a nice 'guide' to the world through Wolverine's eyes.  There are removable mementos throughout the book and it is actually a pretty good read.


Wolverine isn't known for wearing his heart on his sleeve.


GeekFuel Exclusive Tee DEADPOOL!  My housemate Eiren started to claim this tee but I trumped all of that.  This design has got to be one of my favourite of Deadpool.  Will definitely wear this one often.

Chimmie Powers activate!

Final Verdict

With the exception of the opened lollie and the flawed magnet, this box was awesome.  The pocket Pop!, the tee, the book, all favourites of mine this month.  


UPDATE:

I ended up sending an e-mail to customer service at Geek Fuel.  Not to complain but rather to make them aware of the minor issues I had with the lollie and the magnet.  I received a swift reply e-mail with the promise of replacing the items.  This was completely unexpected and 100% appreciated.  GeekFuel's customer service is hands down one of the best I've experienced!


Superb Customer Service