18 August 2015

Collectible Geek: After Dark Animation Cache

I'm not entirely sure what took me so long to get back to the Collectible Geek cache.  It was long enough for subs to no longer be available and for my not-so-silent screams of disappointment to awake my housemates.

In any event, I ordered the After Dark Animation Cache and it has finally arrived!


A Box of Happiness

One of the things I like most about the CG Cache is that you get options.  The theme is always known ahead of time so you can decide whether or not you want the cache.  They offer a standard cache and a deluxe cache.  The deluxe cache contains everything in the standard cache as well as four additional Pops and two items.  Pretty freaking neat-o if you ask me.

I opted for the standard this cache mainly due to hastily button mashing my order through a nasty net outage.  I'm glad I got the standard cache (I will explain later) but I normally go with the Deluxe.





The print on this tee is straight out of nostalgia city.  Before I could decide whether or not I was keeping it for myself, my housemate Kieran claimed it as his, that shit.  The Pulp Fiction-Flintstone mash-up design is pretty cool.


Prehistoric-do you speak it?

The Robot Devil Funko Pop!  One of the things I appreciate from CG is that all of the Pops come in a plastic sleeve over the original box.  These can double as a display case or storage for other items.  I take most of my Pops directly out of their boxes to play with them.  Very few (two at the moment) are still in their original case unopened.  Bad Waffles the Collector is Bad!

The reason I mentioned I was glad that I didn't order the Deluxe (even though I had no way of knowing which Pops were in the Deluxe) is that I all ready own the ones offered.  I have more than enough Simpsons key chains and not sure what the Archer Badges are (even though I do like Archer) or what I would use them for.  The Robot Devil has a place on my display right next to Fry, Bender and Leela.


Robot Devil:level adorbs

Adventure Time plush!  Plush things and I have a love-hate relationship.  I am not fond of them yet I don't exactly loathe them either.  I do watch a lot of late night Adventure Time and Jake is my favourite (tied with the Ice King) so I am glad that I got him in my cache.  There were 5 different characters that could have been in the cache.  Will have to find somewhere safe for Jake, otherwise the cat and/or the dog will annihilate him. 

Sleds are for suckers! Just ride on my gut!

Micro posters are pretty neat because they don't take up as much real estate as their larger counterparts.  I have many full sized-posters in my trade-off bin sadly due to lack of wall space.  The micro posters are easier to find a place for them.

There are three designs, one of which I am assuming is in every pack (Bender Soup is an exclusive).  I got the Marge does Marilyn Andy Warhol collage.  Definitely displaying them somewhere. 



Bender need beer for smart making

The Breakfast at the Kwik-E-Mart magnet.  Magnets for me are hit or miss in these mystery boxes.  My housemates and I are Simpsons fans so this magnet won us over.  It is fairly big for a magnet but awfully weak.  It wasn't meant to hold papers which doesn't bother us, it looks great in the kitchen anyway.


Oh Apu!


Final Verdict

This cache was a big HELL YES for me.  The items fit the theme very well and I have nothing going to the trade-off bin which is amazing.  The selection was great and the all of the shows were some of my favourites.  Couldn't have asked for a better haul.


Upcoming Cache:
SuperWhoLock
Quest Accepted