05 October 2014

Mystery Box Obsession

The allure of a mystery box is just that; a mystery.  What goodies (or train wrecks) await as you patiently wait for your box in the post.  The excitement of eagerly tearing into the cardboard mailer to see what treasures (or blunders) await.

In September of 2014, I won a year subscription to Lootcrate™ from a Twitch.tv streamer (Cheers Ben!)  and it has been an obsession ever since.  Prior to winning the sub, I was aware of the existence of subscription boxes of all types but I never purchased one.  Now I have subscriptions all over the net!

I've had my fair share of hits and misses when it comes to monthly sub boxes.  All of my [mis]adventures will be documented here for others to laugh at or rage about.  The whole purpose is to share my experiences and spread the joy of geeky goodness.


My current subs
  • Lootcrate
  • Nerd Block Classic
  • Nerd Block Arcade
  • Nerd Block Horror
  • Geekfuel
  • 1up Box
  • Herocrate *  Edit: As of 1 August 2015, HC now has a subscription model
  • Collectible Geek **
  • Marvel Collector Corps
  • Boxychan (pick your own theme)


*Month by month (theme dependent)
**No longer a sub service :(